Frequently Asked Questions
Please Note: We are not accepting any more custom orders in 2018. We will resume custom production after the new year begins. Feel free to browse our Custom Order FAQ for more information.
The information below should answer most questions. If you are interested in ordering or have additional questions, please emails us at email@example.com.
What style of notebooks do we make?
- We make screen printed, spiral (Wire-O) bound notebooks made from 100% US sourced materials.
- We offer them in two sizes- Small is 5.75" x 8.5” and Large is 8.75” x 11”. Both notebooks are portrait format; we do not make notepads or landscape notebooks at this time.
- Our notebook covers are hand silkscreened.
- We print our covers with one color of ink- Black or White.
- Our notebooks are bound with spiral, Wire-O coil bindings. We do not do any other type of binding.
What are the choices for filler paper?
- Filler paper choices are 65 pages of LINED, DOT GRID, or COMBO paper (lined on front and grid on the back)- both are 100% Post Consumer Recycled, OR 50 pages of SKETCH paper which is 30% Recycled, Acid Free & Archival.
- CUSTOM PAGES can be included at the beginning or end of your notebook. PLEASE NOTE: We can print a repeating custom page for orders over 500 notebooks.
- The cost per custom page is about $.50/book in addition to the regular pricing if you submit a Print Ready file. A Print Ready file is a file that we can print without further manipulation. If the file requires any design work, our hourly rate is $85 for design work.
What are the choices for cover colors:
- We currently have 16 different cover colors. You can choose one cover color, or mix and match.
Can I submit a design to create my own journal?
- Yes, you may submit one Print Ready file for your custom cover. For your cover, this means it is a black image with a white background saved as a PDF file.
I have a design in mind but need help making it. Can you help me with custom artwork?
- If design services are required, our hourly rate for design is $85. You can see some great examples of our custom work on our instagram feed or #mmncustomnotebooks.
What type of file do I need to submit?
- We require a PDF file.
Can I get a sample of my book?
- We provide a digital proof of your notebook cover for your approval before we begin printing. We do not provide a finished, physical sample of your notebook. An example notebook may be ordered through our website; this cost will be credited to your order if you decide to place an order.
How long will it take to get my notebooks?
- Once your proof has been approved, it takes approximately 2-6 weeks to print and assemble the books.
Do you offer free shipping?
- We do not offer free shipping on custom orders. We will find the most economical option for shipping your notebooks.